Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day ride

As most members of the SPP rode to Happy Harbor in Deale, MD. I opted for a much shorter, more leisurely ride to City Dock and back.

Emily is here this weekend and has a 2:30 flight back to Virginia Beach, so a ride to Deale, even with the 6:00 a.m. start would significantly cut into the amount of time I would be able to spend with her. Quality time with her is precious, and I can ride to Deale some other time.

I had to get in at least 8.2 miles to reach 700 miles for the month. So I slept in a little bit and headed to City Dock. My original plan was to ride Bikenstein, which is the Allez that I put together with parts that I picked up here and there. I got out of the driveway and shifted to the little chain ring and after a couple of revolutions of the chain, it dropped of the chain ring. I put it back on and again, after a couple of revolutions it dropped off again. I think it is a front derailleur adjustment, but I didn't have time to fool with it this morning, so I rode the Roubaix.

As you can see by the Garmin stats, I was not out to set any land speed records. I was out to spin my legs and get myself to 700 + miles for the month. I am fairly surprised that I rode that many miles for the month. If you look at my training log, you will see that I was off the bike and rode zero miles on more days than I care to admit. Almost half the month. I hope to do better in June.

Here are the Garmin stats for today's ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment