Friday, May 14, 2010

FLAT....

...no, not the tires, ME! The weather, and pollen and a touch of a cold has kept me off the bike for pretty much the whole week, but I purposed in my mind that I WAS going to ride this morning. And that is exactly what I did.

I set the alarm for 4:25 so I could get up and give myself enough time to put the pedals on the Roubaix and try them out, but I turned the alarm off and the next thing I knew it was 4:45. I scrambled and managed to get on the road at 5:07. I decided that I was not going to kill myself trying to get to the Rusty Bridge by 5:45, because I knew that the gang would be heading down the trail, and I would meet up with them at some point. I did make it to the bridge on time and myself and 8 other riders headed into Annapolis for breakfast.

It felt good to be on the bike again, but I could also tell that it had been almost a week. The legs did not want to spin quite so freely. I plan to ride tomorrow, but I am unsure if I will be able to make it for the 6:00 a.m. ride to Java Divas. I have to meet Eddie McGowen (Mr. Annapolis) at City Dock tomorrow morning for assistance in my fund raising efforts for the New England Classic (check out the link if you haven't already). Depending on what time he wants to meet, I may head out to Sandy Point and then into Annapolis, and skip the 6:00 a.m. pre-ride. In any event, I will be out riding tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment