Saturday, May 29, 2010

Saturday Morning Ride with SPP

My intention was to ride with the 6:00 a.m. group which meets up with the 7:30 group to ride into Annapolis. The 6:00 a.m. ride did not work out for me. I woke up early enough, and I even got out of bed and made my way downstairs. However, when I was checking email I heard the pounding rain on the sky lights and decided that I did not want to start the day of riding soaking wet. I went back upstairs and got an extra hour of sleep. I managed to make it to the Rusty Bridge for the 7:30 ride. There were 19 of us I think. We headed into Annapolis to enjoy breakfast and some camaraderie. After breakfast the group split. One headed out to Bay Ridge for extra miles and beautiful views of the bay. and the other group (which is the one I was in) headed back up the trail to our respective destinations. I met Bev at the Farmer's Market for an Iced coffee from the Cosmic Bean tent and a scone from Vera's tent. We flagged Mike down as he rode by on his way home and the three of us enjoyed refreshments and good conversation. After the coffee and scones were gone, Mike headed home... I headed home on the bike and Bev headed out to do some shopping. It was a great morning on the bike and with good friends.

Stats below...

No comments:

Post a Comment