Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saturday morning ride(s)

Well, the usually 6:00 a.m. pre-bagel ride did not happen today, at least not for me. I was not feeling like getting out of bed at 4:45 on a Saturday morning to meet the group. I did manage to grab myself by the scruff of the neck and make it to the Rusty Bridge for the 7:30 bagel ride. I made a quick stop at Java Diva's for a cup of coffee before meeting the begal ride group.

We had a smaller turn out than normal because several people are riding other events this weekend. A few are doing a 200k in Lancaster, PA and Chip is doing a 400k today. The numbers may have been decreased by the threat of rain, but I figured... that is why I bought a rain shell.

The ride into Annapolis was uneventful. A nice pace and some nice conversation as we mad eour way up the trail and over the bridge. The wind on the bridge was very strong and gusty and right in our face.

The group split when we got to the City Dock area. Several people went to the City Dock cafe while myself and a few other went to the Hard Bean. I enjoyed an Iced Mocha and a Lemon Poppy muffin. Mike was up against a time deadline to be home in order to get his kids to their various sporting events so he and I did not linger at the Dock for very long and we headed back down the trail. Conveniently, I was headed to the Farmer;s Market which is right where Mike leaves the trail for home. As we were getting close to the Farmer's Market, the skies were getting grey and the wind picked up a little more, and I figured that the rain was finally going to arrive.

When I met Bev, we put the bike in the back of the 4Runner and got our goodies at the market and we headed to a plant sale in Severna Park. By the time we got there, the skies had brightened and since I didn't want to walk through the plant sale in my bike clothes, I took the bike out of the car and rode home.

So far we have had no rain, and I am glad that I got up and was able to get some miles in on a beautiful Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment