Thursday, May 20, 2010

Off the bike...(Ammended)

It has been a pretty dismal week for riding. I did the 200k on Sunday, and if you read the ride reports you know that Mike and I attained our personal best for a 200k. This week has been a personal worst for me in regards to riding. Monday, the thighs were telling me that I needed a day off the bike. Even Dave allows for missing one day for each 200k ridden. Tuesday, I should have ridden. It was misty in the morning and drizzly in the evening. I have ridden in worse, but the thighs talked me out of riding again. Wednesday, there were grey skies, and weather.com called for showers between 3 a.m. and 6 a.m. which is right while I would be riding. So, not only did I not get up early and ride, I slept in and went to work late. How's that for motivated? This morning, I got up, went downstairs made preparations to ride. I had to backup a database that I was working on last night, and that did not go smoothly. I could not remember if I had shorts in the box at BWI to change into to ride the train, I think I took the sweatshirt out of there too. I knew I didn't have any shorts or under garments to change into at work, sorry, too much info... I know. I was not prepared so I did not ride this morning. HOWEVER, hope is not lost. There is a Severna Park Peloton ride that starts at 5:00 pm and I am planning to do that ride tonight. It will be with different people and I am hoping that the pace will be manageable.

I'll keep you posted.

OK, so I am keeping you posted now.

Have you ever had an uneasy feeling about what you were doing, or about to do? As I was riding to meet the group this afternoon, I just had a feeling that something bad was going to happen. The traffic was very heavy and I there were 2 accidents on Benfield Blvd. The drivers were just not paying attention today. I made it to the intersection of W. Benfield and Veteren's Highway. I was early, so I waited by the side of the road, well out of the flow of traffic. I still almost got hit. This ride was suppose to go onto Route 3, which is typically busier than Veterans Highway. I decided to NOT ride with the afternoon group. I headed up Veterans Highway to East West Blvd and rode around there for little while. Only 20 miles, but it felt good to get my legs turning again.

Bike to work day tomorrow. I am taking the day off, go figure. We will be riding into Annapolis for a get together at City Dock. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. A small opening in the mileage challenge...

    Ride safe. Say hi to the afternoon crowd for me.

    ReplyDelete