Friday, July 9, 2010

And so it begins....

This is it! I have trained for months for THIS ride, and it is finally here. I have done all the training I could do...I have put in the miles and now I am ready to enjoy 7 days and 550 miles on the roads of New England.

I am going to keep this entry short, because I still have some last minute preps to do before bed. I hope to do a blog entry every night of the ride and I hope that you all will enjoy following along with me during the ride.

I want to take the time to thank everyone who donated to this ride. Not only financially, but with your words of encouragement and support for me along the way. I have 3 jerseys that have been signed by friends and family that will keep me motivated along the route. I am humbled by the generosity that you all have shown. Thank you!

Now down to some business before I end this post. On Thursday night Beverly and I went to dinner at O'Laughlins, and with us we carried the container with all the raffles tickets in them. (Remember for each $10 donated you got a raffle ticket put in a container.) We asked our waiter (an impartial party to the raffle) to draw a name each time he came to the table. He did that, and the results are listed below.

HP 2140 Netbook - Sylvia Flewellyn
Memorex 250 GB External Hard dribe - Jeanne Salley
$40 O'Laughlins Gift Card - Charlie and Betty Gartlemen
$25 Deep Creek Restaraunt Gift card - Greg Matson
The Rover's CD and T-shirt - Tiffany Smith

Conratulations to all the winners. Thank you again for your doantions and your support.

1 comment:

  1. Beverly (Beazie) Your #1 SupporterJuly 10, 2010 at 8:16 AM

    I am so proud of you and all that you have accomplished over the last year of training, losing weight and becoming such a healthy guy. "YOU ARE THE MAN" and are helping me in so many ways with your support and encouragement to help me do the same. I love you and wish you all that you are looking for in making this 550 mile ride for American Diabetes Association a memorable event in your life to share with all of your friends and family who are supporting you. I love you and stay hydrated!! :) Beverly (Beazie) GO Chris!! Go Chris!!

    ReplyDelete